L3 are looking for a Graduate Software Engineer to join the team. Amazing happens every day - make it happen at L3.
As a Graduate Software Engineer, you will provide or support the software, firmware, hardware and system design, development, integration, test and delivery of flight simulation training devices.
This potentially covers the full lifecycle from requirements analysis through to customer acceptance and regulatory approval. It could include simulator and computer architecture definition and design, software tools design and development, electronic hardware and firmware design and development, instructor station page design and development, aircraft and avionics data analysis and design, the development of in house models and the integration of software and hardware, the re-host, retarget and integration of third party software and models from aircraft manufacturers and equipment vendors, software configuration management, programme integration and delivery, baseline management.
It may also include upgrades to existing in-service training devices and post-delivery support of technical warranty issues.
The role is within the Aircraft Simulation Group which is made up of the following areas: Avionics Systems, Environment, Aircraft Systems, Instructor Operating Station, Legacy systems
Key Responsibilities & Tasks:
• Analysis of aircraft and equipment manufacturer’s data
• Creation/modification of designs
• Maintaining plans/schedules and reporting progress
• Software design/modification typically using appropriate languages
• Integration of software and hardware systems
• Integration of re-host or retarget software
• Integration of third party software
• Validation and verification of design implementation
• Testing, fault finding and problem rectification
• Interfacing with customers and aviation regulators
• Software configuration management
• Software integration and Independent Test & Evaluation
• Customer acceptance support (in-house & on-site)
• Supporting repeat activities on a program.
Essential Skills and Experience:
• An appropriate degree or equivalent (with mathematics, science or engineering content)
• Will show an interest in and some basic understanding of engineering, simulation and/or aerospace
• An individual with drive, enthusiasm and can-do attitude coupled with the ability to work collaboratively in a multi-disciplinary team
• The ability to work under the supervision of others and to follow processes and instructions
• Some capability in real time software programming. Ideally, you will have knowledge and experience in one or more of the following programming languages: C, FORTRAN and Perl.
• Strong verbal, presentation, written communication and interpersonal skills.
L3 operate an accredited Professional Development Scheme giving Graduates the opportunities to develop skills and capabilities to reach CEng or IEng status in a structured environment. While on our scheme you will be supported 1-1 by an experienced Mentor, undertake an In house training plan and partake in team objectives and projects with other Graduates and Apprentices on the scheme.
How to apply: please email your CV and covering letter to: