PRIMARY PURPOSE OF THE ROLE
To support current data migration activities relating to the SAP implementation program. Assistance is required to help map legacy project structures to the proposed SAP project structures. In addition to this, assistance will also be required to complete the master data for all projects being migrated over to SAP.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES AND TASKS
A great opportunity to gain a year’s experience in the implementation of one of the industry-leading business toolsets.
As well as getting under the skin of our business processes, you’ll help develop and deliver the implementation of SAP’s next generation SAP S/4HANA 1709 ERP/MRP system across L3-CTS within the UK. So this is a role for someone who can build strong relationships as well as in-depth business process knowledge.
That knowledge will grow from comprehensive immersion and on the job training/experiences in all things SAP. You’ll discover what the latest SAP technology is capable of and how to put it into action. You’ll work across both manufacturing and service business units, using SAP to transform our business and supporting our team of experts delivering a green-field implementation, with a Go-Live in Q1 2019. Our team of application Consultants specialize in:
• Project Systems
• Warehouse Management
The job includes performing tasks that utilize a knowledge of business processes to perform data analysis and developing and testing business process scripts, necessary to provide required audit and business confidence. You will also provide support to business users in their SAP learning and post go-live hypercare.
We are looking for someone who is both technically capable as well as good with data and numbers. You will have strong IT skills with competence in all MS Office applications including Excel and Word. Some knowledge of business ERP systems (for example, SAP, Oracle Applications (Financial), JD Edwards, etc.), would be advantageous.
Whatever your degree, you must have a good understanding of how technology is changing business, and appreciate its power to revolutionize the way organizations work and behave. You will be curious, eager to try new things, ready to challenge and be challenged; you’ll also have a flair for building rapport and solving problems.
We’ll encourage your growth at every stage. We have big ambitions, developing further capability and scope whilst rolling this out across our wider Commercial Aviation Solutions sector.
So expect the support and the challenge you need to capitalize on your learning journey to date.
You will need to be flexible and mobile, based in Crawley but travelling to support the business in Southampton. You will also need to be self-disciplined with the ability to work diligently to deadlines while managing your own time.
In 2019 we expect to role our SAP program to our international locations – for successful candidates there may be an opportunity for you to support implementations in New Zealand, Thailand, Portugal or in the USA.
What you bring
• Real enthusiasm for the challenges and opportunities we offer
• A good understanding of how technology is changing and its power to transform how organizations work and behave
• Curiosity and a willingness to challenge and be challenged
• A flair for solving problems
• Great communication skills, both written and oral
• The ability to build strong relationships as well as in-depth business and technical knowledge
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
• Competent in Excel and able to utilize formulas efficiently.
• Experience in data analysis
• Some previous understanding of business planning
• Desirable – previous project or program experience
• Desirable – exposure/understanding of ERP systems, such as SAP, Oracle
PERSONALITY / BEHAVIOURS
• A team player
• A “doer” with a can do attitude
• Highly motivated and self-led
• Time-line focused
Principal Relationships will be with:
• SAP Data Migration Manager
• SAP Subject Matter Experts
• SAP Program Management Office Lead
• SAP Program Manager
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
• Educated to Degree level
• Will need to be mobile / flexible enough to visit other CTS sites in the UK. An aspiration for international travel.
How to apply: please email your CV and covering letter to: recruitment.cts@L3T.com