Ever thought of being part of an innovative team of skilled technicians and engineers. Due to continued growth, a fantastic opportunity has arisen for an ApprenticeElectrical Engineer. We are looking for keen, capable and enthusiastic people to join our busy team.
Primary Purpose of the Role
The purpose of this job as an Apprentice Electrical Engineer is to learn the Electrical and Mechanical Cad tools we use, increasing their knowledge in Engineering and Design. The long term aim is to become a proficient Electrical Engineer but with a good understanding of the mechanical design as well. They will be given Hardware Engineering tasks varying in complexity from low to high to be completed in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and competent manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and Company processes. Tasks will include coming up with new Electrical designs for the Full Flight Simulators and solving engineering problems that our commissioning department and customers come up against. For all of our solutions and new designs we then produce an array of different documentation such as System Diagrams, Wiring documentation, Mechanical Assembly Drawings and Technical Publications that we provide the customer, all using different CAD tools. They will also be expected to learn multiple tools and work cross functionally not only within the department but within the company as the business demands. This will include work in Mechanical Engineering, Technical Publications and Hardware Test and Commissioning.
Our Apprentices will enroll on and follow our Professional Development Scheme.
ESSENTIAL SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE (some of these will be worked towards and aren’t expected day one)
• Carry out assigned hardware engineering tasks, in a timely, accurate, budget-compliant and competent manner, taking account of applicable standards, local and company processes
• Effectively manages own time and resources to ensure that work is completed efficiently, taking responsibility for own actions and decisions
• Proactively suggest potential improvements to product, local and Company processes to help drive improvement and efficiency
• Must be able to flexibly switch between multiple tasks at short notice according to immediate priorities (as directed)
• Strong communication skills, both spoken and written
• A good understanding of impact on Mechanical and Software systems
• Open to learn other Hardware Engineering Tools to support Mechanical and Tech Docs when required
• Prepared to work cross functionally in other areas of the business
• Strong attention to detail and motivation to minimise error, change and rework
• Capable of providing manufacturing support.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS
You will have a minimum of 4 G.C.S.E’s (must include Maths and English) or have completed a BTEC Electrical/Electronic Level 2. An interest in Aviation would be an advantage but not essential.
Applications will only be accepted from individuals who possess the eligibility to live and work within the United Kingdom.
To apply: Please send your up to date CV with a covering letter to recruitment.cts@L3T.com